The Right Move specializes in residential moves in Houston and has a 20+ year track record of helping individuals and families move home. Whether you are moving across town or across the country, you can count on The Right Move to be a reliable partner for making sure your next move is successful.
Contact us today to talk to a moving agent or schedule a free moving estimate. (713) 338-2058
• Local and Long Distance Moves: Most moving companies offer both local and long distance moving services, but are only really equipped to handle local moves. At The Right Move, we have the team members, equipment, trucks, and experience to handle all types of residential moves. We won’t outsource your move to another company!
• Specialized Moving Services for Every Challenge: Is there a particular item that you are worried about how you will move? The Right Move is ready to handle even the toughest challenges. Our movers have experience moving motorcycles, pianos, boats, antiques, collectibles, electronics, and more.
• Pack as Much or Little As You Want: Packing services can make your life much easier and get the move completed faster. We understand that you may want to pack certain belongings yourself. With our packing services, you have the flexibility of packing as much or little as you want.
• Fair Rates with No Hidden Fees: Our local residential moves are based on a fair hourly rate. Long-distance residential moves are quoted based on the weight of your belongings as well as distance. You will never have to worry about hidden fees when you choose The Right Move. All quotes are clear and easy to understand so you can budget for your move accordingly.
• Delivering the Best Customer Service: We don’t just deliver your belongings. We deliver the best customer service in the moving industry. Our movers are courteous and respectful of your home, we provide extras like furniture padding and carpet protectors for free, and have consultants standing by to answer all of your questions.
What You Need to Know about Residential Moving Services
Residential moves can be either local or long distance. Each moving company defines a “long distance” move a bit differently, but generally it will mean a move which is out of the county or more than 50 miles away. If you are moving to a new state, it will always be considered a long distance move as interstate moves are regulated differently than local moves.
Most moving companies charge an hourly rate for local moves, plus fees for any extra services like packing materials. Be on the lookout for hidden fees, such as “stair fees” or “long carry fees”. These can significantly affect the cost of your move.
For long-distance moves, the cost is usually based on the weight of your belongings. Do not use a moving company which charges based on volume. Weight is the fairest way to calculate long distance moving costs. In addition to weight costs, there should be an itemized list of all other costs of the move on your quote, such as fuel, permits, and parking.
When choosing a residential moving company in Houston, it is important to realize that services can vary drastically. Some moving companies use day laborers who will toss your belongings around and may bang your walls and scuff your floors. When you choose The Right Move, you are getting only the highest quality of moving services all around. Our movers are professionals who have been trained to properly handle and load belongings. We always go the extra mile, doing things like putting down carpet protectors and wrapping your furniture with free padding so it doesn’t get scratched during the journey to your new home.
How to Get Started with Your Residential Move
The first step of moving to a new home is to research numerous moving companies. Read customer testimonials and check their BBB rating. Then schedule estimates with at least 3 companies. Most reputable moving companies will give estimates for free. The estimate must be performed in home. You cannot rely on moving estimates which are given online based on the number of rooms and residents your home has.
During your moving estimate, the moving agent will need to view all rooms of your home to assess how many items you have to move. Don’t try to hide any items from the moving agent in hopes of getting a lower quote. Moving quotes are almost always non-binding, which means you can end up paying more than estimated – especially if you don’t show the moving agent your basement full of workout equipment! At The Right Move, we give non-binding quotes with a not to exceed clause. This means you will not have to pay more than the listed amount, even if your move takes longer or weighs more than estimated.
Keep in mind that residential moving services can get booked up a long time in advance. If you are planning to move in the summer or a weekend at the end of the month, you will want to reserve your date at least 1 month in advance. The Right Move always works with our customers to schedule moves at convenient times.
Contact us today to get a free estimate on residential moving services and to find out how we can help you with your home move.