When you move long distance, the last thing you want to worry about is whether your belongings will arrive. With The Right Move, you can rest at ease knowing that a reliable moving company with 20+ years of experience is taking care of the move. We are proud to say that we have completed thousands of successful long-distance moves across the United States and constantly delight our customers with our level of service.
Contact us today to talk to a moving agent or schedule a free moving estimate. (713) 338-2058
• Professional Movers and Drivers: We do not use day laborers for our moves. Our movers and drivers are part of an elite team which has been carefully screened and proven their dedication.
• Flexible Options: There are many different ways to get your belongings across the state or country, such as loading them into a freighter with other people’s belongings to save money, or to have a dedicated team of movers travel with the belongings the entire time. Our long distance moving services are flexible and we work with you to meet your needs and budget.
• Modern Moving Fleet and Equipment: Since we first started 20+ years ago, our fleet has gone from basic trucks to state-of-the-art moving trucks with air-ride suspension and GPS tracking. We also have equipment like lifts and dollies which help us get moves completed faster and without damages.
• Simple Quotes: You don’t have to worry about hidden fees lurking in our moving contracts. All moving quotes are easy to understand and every single cost is carefully outlined so you know how much the move will cost.
• Unbeatable Customer Service: Even if you are just calling to ask a question, you can still expect the best customer service from our moving team. We treat every customer with respect and honor your wishes during this stressful period.
What You Need to Know About Long Distance Moving Services
When you first start getting quotes for long distance moving services, you will probably be surprised by the differences. Some moving companies may promise to get you moved in just a matter of days whereas others will say it takes weeks. The costs can also range from the too-good-to-be-true to breaking-the-bank. The reason for this is because there are many different ways to move belongings across country.
One common way of moving homes long distance is to use a freighter to transport multiple households at once. The movers come to your home, load up belongings onto a truck, and then take your belongings to a central location. From there, they are loaded onto another truck. Other people’s belongings are also loaded. Only when the truck is full will it depart for its destinations. This is why long distance moving can take weeks to complete. The benefit of this approach is that it is much cheaper. However, freighting must be done very carefully by an experienced moving company. Otherwise, there is the risk that your belongings may end up at the wrong place. Further, the moving company must be well-connected across the USA so you can be sure reliable movers will unload your belongings in your new home.
Another option for moving long distance is to use dedicated services. Your belongings are loaded into the moving truck by a team of movers. The truck then immediately sets off towards the destination, typically traveling about 500 miles per day. The same movers stay with your belongings the entire time and unload your belongings in the new home. This method is much safer, but it is costlier.
How to Get Started with a Long Distance Move
The first step of long distance moving is to research moving companies and schedule an in-home estimate with at least 3 of them. During the estimate, an agent will look over your belongings to determine things like the size of moving truck you need, how many movers will be necessary, how many hours loading/unloading will take, and whether you have any special moving needs.
Long distance moves are usually on a fixed rate. If you choose to go with us at The Right Move, we will draw up a moving contract which includes a detailed list of all costs associated with the move. You will know exactly how much each service costs, from the movers hourly rates to fuel prices.
The Right Move strives to go beyond your typical moving services. We offer a range of moving services, including packing/unpacking, furniture disassembly, crating, vehicle transportation, storage, and more. We can also help by providing useful advice and providing you with free extras during the move, such as free furniture padding, mattress boxes, and carpet protectors. On moving day, we always carry a few extra boxes with us in case you need to pack up last-minute items. Our goal is to make the entire process as easy as possible so you can focus on starting life in your new home.
Contact us today to get a free estimate on local moving services and to find out how we can help you with your Houston move.